[whatwg] creating a new file via the File API

Bronislav Klučka Bronislav.Klucka at bauglir.com
Mon Dec 19 14:06:34 PST 2011

On 19.12.2011 17:05, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> 2011/12/19 Bronislav Klučka<Bronislav.Klucka at bauglir.com>:
>> I agree, additional API for this would be better
>> FileSaver is not exactly all you would need, because FileSaver is already
>> implemented e.g. in Chrome
>> to save file to browser file system (requestFileSystem).
> requestFileSystem is not FileSaver.

hi,
I know, that was not what I was saying, it's an API to store data in
File. The point is, that you can get File from FileSystem API as well,
FileSaver API is already implemented and that did not solve anything.
FileSaver API is insufficient to solve this issue, what we need is file
entry that actually represent exactly that file on
user's disk, not in some pseudo file system.

B.