[whatwg] navigation shouldn't abort if canceled

Michael Nordman michaeln at google.com
Wed Feb 2 12:22:48 PST 2011

That does sound like a bug? I'd be curious to know what the reasoning
was for the existing sequence of steps.

Step 10 looks out of place too...

"10. If the new resource is to be handled using a mechanism that does
not affect the browsing context, e.g. ignoring the navigation request
altogether because the specified scheme is not one of the supported
protocols, then abort these steps and proceed with that mechanism
instead."

Aborting the active document sounds like an undesirable side affect on
the browsing context for mailto links.