[whatwg] Canvas feedback (various threads)

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 10 21:09:50 PST 2011

On 2/10/11 11:54 PM, James Robinson wrote:
> The version of WebKit used by Safari 5.0.3 is rather antiquated at this
> point.  Using the latest WebKit nightly build, or Chrome 10.0.648.45
> dev (which has a significantly newer version of WebKit), I get #ff0000
> and rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0) on the first test and #ff0000 / #ff0000 on the
> second.  Presumably at some point Apple will release a new version of
> Safari that matches the behavior nightlies currently have.

Ah, I see.

My point stands: interoperability among UAs that users are using right
now (which doesn't include webkit nightlies, but does include Chrome 9
which seems to have the new behavior) is just not there.

-Boris