[whatwg] [html5] @formaction, @formenctype, @formmethod, @formnovalidate, @formtarget

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Tue Feb 15 01:12:19 PST 2011

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 03:48:10 +0100, Jens O. Meiert <jens at meiert.com> wrote:
>> It was that way before, but many pages were already using those
>> attributes and expected the browser to not do anything with them.
>
> I understand that good judgment will have been applied. Hence out of
> mere curiosity, do you happen to have any data to share: how many
> documents (out of how many more) are we talking about, and in how many
> instances would problems have arisen (I understand reuse of the same
> attribute values not to cause any, as in “<form action=foo><input
> action=foo></form>”)?

No hard numbers. But this triggered problems in a significant number of
sites, including Google properties ;-) The problems were mostly
DOM-related by the way. People expected the action IDL attribute to return
something else than it did, for instance.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/