[whatwg] Specs for window.atob() and window.btoa()

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Wed May 11 15:13:37 PDT 2011

On Sun, 6 Feb 2011, Jorge wrote:

> $ openssl enc -base64 ... inserts newlines too.

The argument for changing this seems somewhat compelling, if browsers are
willing to change, especially just for the whitespace case. My
recommendation for people who care about this is to get browser vendors to
make this change and see if it causes compatibility problems. If it
doesn't, we can update the spec. Please feel free to cc me on the relevant
bugs if you would like my help in convincing browser vendors to try this. :-)