[whatwg] Fixing undo on the Web - UndoManager and Transaction
rniwa at webkit.org
Tue Nov 29 22:24:22 PST 2011
I've uploaded the draft: http://rniwa.com/editing/undomanager.html to
reflect the discussions so far.
Summary of changes:
- Automatic transaction now calls unapply and reapply methods (note:
this is problematic with apply(isReapply) because now authors have to check
the argument even when reapply is not needed; consequently, I didn't change
isReapply to return a DOMString since it'll have the same issue; we need
more discussion here).
- value IDL attributes of input and textarea elements are now considered
to a part of DOM states.
- Updated TransactionEvent section
- initTransactionEvent is replaced by a constructor
- TransactionEvent is renamed to DOMTransactionEvent
- Added undo and redo events back
- UndoManager's undo() and redo() have been rewritten
- Precise algorithms to revert DOM changes have been added to section
- Automatic DOM transaction (section 3.2) has been rewritten and
re-defined in terms of reverting DOM changes.
- Section 3.2.1.
"Undoability and Redoability of automatic DOM transactions" has
- The concept of "highest node affecting an automatic DOM
transaction" has been abolished since undoability and redoabillity are
now defined precisely.
More information about the whatwg