[whatwg] HTMLForms: Implicit Submission with {display:none} button

Glenn Maynard glenn at zewt.org
Tue Apr 3 14:14:53 PDT 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:

> Not offhand.  Again, it's been a while since I looked into this, but at
> the time this was being implemented in Gecko we carefully made the
> two-input-no-submit case not submit.  I thought that was for good reason,
> but reskimming the bugs now I can't find the reason.  It's been over 10
> years, so the details are a bit hazy in my mind.  :(

Ten years later it's still giving me headaches, when I try to do a trivial
two-input login form without a browser submit button, and find that every
obvious way of hiding the submit button breaks implicit submit in one
browser or another.  Do I really need to stick the submit button in an
overflow: hidden, 0x0 div?  I know I found a less ugly workaround for this
the last time I hit this...

--
Glenn Maynard