[whatwg] crossorigin property on iframe

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Thu Apr 12 12:46:36 PDT 2012

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 21:30:00 +0200, Ojan Vafai <ojan at chromium.org> wrote:
> We should add a crossorigin property on iframe that causes the request to
> use CORS. If it's an allowed cross-domain request, then the page should
> have access to the DOM of the frame.
>
> Also, seamless should work (assuming the CORS request succeeded of
> course). One tricky thing here is that seamless needs to stop working if
> the frame is navigated to a different origin to which it does not have
> CORS access.

This cannot work. CORS only works for sharing a single resource. If you
expose a DOM on a different origin that *entire* origin would be exposed,
which would be way more than CORS allows for. You'll have to use a
postMessage()-based workaround I'm afraid.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/