[whatwg] Any plan for a TIMEOUT section on appcache manifests ?

Nicolas Froidure froidure_nicolas at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 18 05:19:34 PST 2012

             Hi,

     I'm using the appcache since it's adoption on major browsers and i
think it lacks of a section to specify fallbacks with a specific timeout
in order to avoid slow networks to damage user experience. To me this is
the main issue still remaining in order to have the same experience than
installed apps.

     It could take the form of a section like this (with a 2 seconds
timeout) :
TIMEOUT 2:
onlineres.html fallbackres.html

     Or maybe be done with the connection types :
BANDWIDTH EDGE:
onlineres.html fallbackres.html

     Is it planned to have some similar mechanism ?

     Best regards, Nicolas Froidure.