[whatwg] Outline Depth Does Not Correspond to Sectioning Depth?

Hugh Guiney hugh.guiney at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:20:05 PDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage at gmail.com> wrote:

> What text are you looking at that implies the outline depths of the
> headings in the first snippet are all 1?

I could not find anything, but the person who wrote that JavaScript
implementation seemed pretty convinced that this was the case
(https://github.com/hoyois/html5outliner/issues/1#issuecomment-4653452).
I figured that having written an implementation he had studied the
relevant sections in considerably more depth than I had and
second-guessed myself. Looks like it is in fact a bug in the program
and not the spec. Thanks for clearing that up!