[whatwg] Allow empty string for input type=color

Shaun Moss shaun at astromultimedia.com
Thu May 3 11:33:02 PDT 2012

The way things are done is not always the best way. Most colour pickers
are used in instances where "not selected" would make no sense.

However, as you're designing a widget for the web that may be used by
billions of people in any number of unforeseen ways, flexibility is a
virtue, and the option to clear the field would be an improvement. If
you don't allow a "not selected" or null option, this would basically
force all colour widgets to be required fields, which may not be what
the form designer wants.

To compare, some date pickers do not allow you to clear the field, but
some do. For the web, it's a useful feature.

Shaun

--
Shaun Moss
+61 405478912