[whatwg] Splash screen proposal for web apps ?

Laurent Perez l.laurent.p at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 11:17:03 PDT 2013

Our user agent is a HTTP proxy, currently we are feeding it HTML5 pages,
then we are parsing custom data-* attributes and replacing them with UI
components, for example data-carousel becomes a touch carousel, and so on.

Instead of creating another data-splashscreen attribute, we always try
standards first, so I'm evaluating the widgets spec, PhoneGap went the
<feature> splashscreen way, RIM chose a <rim:splash> vendor namespace. On
top of that there is also the manifest spec, implemented by Firefox OS.

The sysapps WG is what I was looking for, thanks :)

laurent

--
http://laurentperez.fr
J2EE tips and best practices