[whatwg] Should <video controls> generate click events?

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Tue Aug 20 21:14:44 PDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Rick Waldron <waldron.rick at gmail.com>wrote:

> Yes, but It hasn't been a problem since the preventDefault() bug was fixed
> ;)
>
> Also, at the time, the surface click to play was non-standard and
> incredibly annoying because it just "showed up" as someone's pet feature in
> Firefox. (I'm still not sure if it's a "standard" feature, I can't find
> anything in the spec about it, but I could've just missed it)

I think you basically have to assume that if you specify "controls" then
the controls may accept clicks anywhere in the video element. There's
nothing in the spec to say that the controls must be restricted to a bar of
a certain height at the bottom of the element.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*