[whatwg] A question about the drawimage() canvas function

Glenn Maynard glenn at zewt.org
Fri Mar 1 14:14:59 PST 2013

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's a bit of a conundrum. An image that is downloading might not have a
> size so that would change behavior,

Maybe step 1 should say:

> If the image argument is an HTMLImageElement object that is not fully
> decodable *and whose state is not broken [1]*,...

I think it should say:

1. If the image argument is an HTMLImageElement object in the broken state,
then throw an InvalidStateError exception, return aborted and abort these
steps.
2. If the image argument is an HTMLImageElement object that is not fully
decodable, or if the image argument is an HTMLVideoElement object whose
readyState attribute is either HAVE_NOTHING or HAVE_METADATA, then return
bad and abort these steps.
3. (original step 2, unchanged)

in order to match Firefox/IE's behavior.  (I don't know if that's the right
exception to throw.)

--
Glenn Maynard