[whatwg] Fetch: Origin header

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Fri Mar 8 02:23:28 PST 2013

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 7:29 PM, Adam Barth <w3c at adambarth.com> wrote:
> I don't have strong feelings one way or another.  Generally, I think
> it's a good idea if the presence of the Origin header isn't synonymous
> with the request being a CORS request because that could limit our
> ability to use the Origin header in the future.

Okay. So currently the mix of the Origin specification and the HTML
specification suggests you either do "Origin: /origin/" or "Origin:
null". However WebKit seems to do "Origin: /origin/" or no header at
all (for the "privacy-sensitive" cases). Ian also mentioned that we
can not just put the Origin header into every outgoing request as that
breaks the interwebs (per research you did for Chrome I believe?).

What do you think we should end up requiring?

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/