[html5] dialog

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Wed Nov 26 13:53:03 PST 2008

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, Stephen Stewart wrote:

> In HTML5 could/should I use the dialog element to section a comment
> section after an article?

No, <article> is the intended element for wrapping around comments. As in:

   <article>
    bla bla
    <article>
     comment
    </article>
    <article>
     comment
    </article>
   </article>

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, James Craig wrote:

> No, dialog is intended as the DOM equivalent of a application dialog
> window; for example, a modal alert window. It refers to the dialog
> between the user and the application, not the conversational dialog
> between users.

Actually that's quite the opposite. :-) Could you elaborate on where in
the spec you got this impression? I should definitely clear that up.