[html5] page element?

Alastair Campbell ac at alastc.com
Fri Mar 19 05:35:44 PDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 07:27:34AM -0500, Nathan Ziarek wrote:
> I don't think the figures matter. I'm one of them. First thing I do on just about every site is add a <div id="wrapper">. The difference here is that I know that the only reason I'm doing it is to add width and margin:auto styling to center the visible content. That's not structural and has no reason to exist as an element.

Agreed, and me to. Once IE8 is the baseline browser we should just be able to style the body for the same effect. (That isn't possible on IE6, I don't think it's possible in IE7?)

Nav and section elements allow user-agents to find things more easily, <page> would only be a style element, not a semantic/structural one.

Kind regards,

-Alastair