[html5] HTML5 without namespaces

Herman Hassel herman at agrabush.com
Wed Jun 1 11:22:03 PDT 2011

On 20:59, Jesper Tverskov wrote:
> Hi list
>
> When HTML5 is served with mimetype "text/html" we don't need namespace
> declarations for SVG and MathM, or for ARIA (accessibility)
> attributes. They are all part of the spec and given special treatment.
>
> As I have understood it, something more or less similar is under way
> to support RDFa inside HTML5 served with mimetype "text/html".
>
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/rdfa/rdfa-module.html
>
> I don't know if RDFa has to become part of the HTML5 spec to be
> integrated into HTML5 served with mimetype "text/html" or if there is
> some other way to allow RDFa inside HTML5?
>
> [...]
>
> Cheers
> Jesper Tverskov
> http://www.xmlplease.com
This has come up in several of our meetings and a lot of googling for
answers has been going on, but to very little avail. All of our
customers want the facebook open graph protocol (
http://developers.facebook.com/docs/opengraph/
<https://developers.facebook.com/docs/opengraph/> ) implemented on their
pages, but we need to serve our pages as text/html for browser
compatibility, and neither xmlns-declarations or tags will validate.

If you include <meta property="og:something" value="..." /> objects,
they do work on facebook, (served as text/html, with or without the
namespace declarations) But I'd really like for someone to comment on if
there is a correct/verified way versus what is "current best practices".

--
Herman Hassel
Agrabush Design

mail:    herman at agrabush.com