[html5] Suggestion to close this list

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Wed Aug 23 13:09:35 PDT 2017

Personal opinion:  Web forums are useless - too many things to check,
whereas email just comes to us.  Beyond that, relying on a proprietary
vendor-based service - even Stack Overflow, has it's own problems.
Email lists work, they can be archived, traffic can be sorted and
filtered by one's mail reader - it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Miles Fidelman

On 8/23/17 11:32 AM, Lewis Dexter Litanzios wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Hope you're well
>
> +1 for a web based alternative[0], something I can point at my (RSS)
> feed reader at
>
> Hope this is useful
>
> Regards
>
> [0] https://twitter.com/ldexterldesign/status/722994653729943553
>
> On 23/08/2017 18:38, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> Since the traffic on this list is extremely low and there's a bit of
>> work involved in keeping it running I suggest we discontinue it in
>> favor of Stack Overflow, which has provided a reasonable forum for
>> folks to ask questions about WHATWG standards in a way that's much
>> better indexed and searchable.
>>
>> Any objections?

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra