[whatwg] several mail addresses in input type email?

Will Levine wlevine at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 12:42:52 PDT 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 21:16:41 +0200, Anne van Kesteren (fora)
<fora at annevankesteren.nl> wrote:
> This is basically being discussed for "select editable", but no solution
> has been found that suits all needs,

I don't understand what this has to do with select editable.

> and therefore there hasn't been looked into this yet I suppose. Having a
> comma separated list might work, but is probably too technical for most
> users.

Too technical for most users? How many e-mail programs don't do it
like this? The only one I know of is Mozilla Mail. Outlook, Outlook
Express, Yahoo, and Hotmail all use comma or semicolon separation of
e-mail addresses. That covers the masses.

> > Thoughts? Which is in your opinion more common, type=email-single or
> > type=email-multiple?
>
> Single. Just see all the weblogs, login forms etc.

Agreed.

-Will Levine