[whatwg] Comment on Forms 2.0: OPTGROUP Nesting

Hallvord R M Steen hallvors at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 13:03:02 PDT 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:23:03 -0400, levik <levikcom at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are times when you wish to provide deep nesting, such as
> selecting from a deeply hierarchical list of options. This is a perfect
> use for nested optgroups.

It makes some sense to try to limit the possibilities for bad
usability, but the suggestion that nested optgroups could be used with
SELECT multiple for a treeview-style widget is quite an idea. I would
vote for allowing nested optgroups and blame the webmasters for any
unusable UI it might tempt them to write ;-)
--
Hallvord R. M. Steen