[whatwg] suggestion: LINK element for session termination

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 12:32:29 PDT 2005

Hello,

Having a way to "logout" the user from an HTTP authentication session
is very desirable.

The only reason I use "cookie" based authentication is because there
is no way (that I know of) to log the user out of an "HTTP
authentication session".  (Once they are logged in, they are always
logged in.)  (Although, really, there are some "hacks".  But those
hacks have usability issues.)

See ya

--
     Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.