[whatwg] Where did the "rev" attribute go?

Robin Lionheart whatwg.list at robinlionheart.com
Thu Jul 13 10:22:10 PDT 2006

>>    (Surely there's a good reason CSS3 Speech has "interpret-as: name"
>> and VoiceXML has interpret-as="name")
> "The interpret-as property has been temporarily dropped until the
> Voice Browser working group has further progressed work on the SSML
> <say-as> element."
> ...says the latest CCS3 Speech WD.
Thanks, seems I was a draft behind.
> I don't see interpret-as="name" in VoiceXML 2.0 or 2.1.
Perhaps the acceptable values of interpret-as are not as settled as
<http://www.vxml.org/say-as.htm?xt=1123294239864> led me to believe.
> Spell checkers work just fine without knowing what words are names.
Well enough, though they could be improved. Thunderbird frequently
informs me of spurious spelling errors on names in e-mails I send.