[whatwg] Mathematics in HTML5

Håkon Wium Lie howcome at opera.com
Fri Jun 2 06:45:52 PDT 2006

Also sprach James Graham:

 > > I think you make a compelling case for adding math to HTML the simple
 > > way. Personally, I'm open to adding it to HTML5. How much would it add
 > > to the specification?
 >
 > I remain sceptical about this. However, if there is a serious effort to replace
 > MathML I believe the resulting language must fulfil the following requirements:

The goal is not to replace MathML. At this point there isn't much to
replace -- MathML isn't found in HTML in the wild. Aslo, at the spec
level, I believe the two can co-exist just like WebForms and XForms
can co-exist.

I agree with your other points, though -- nice list.

-h&kon
howcome at opera.com                  http://people.opera.com/howcome