[whatwg] fullscreen event?

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Thu May 11 05:13:00 PDT 2006

On 11/05/06, Anne van Kesteren <fora at annevankesteren.nl> wrote:
> My suggestion would be to have a renderingMode event (or something
> like that) which in some way exposes a mediaList of the current
> rendering modes (mostly just one). If you go to print preview mode for
> example the event is dispatched and the mediaList contains 'print'. If
> you go to projection mode it contains 'print' etc.

The issue with this is that we've struggled to find any situations
where there genuinely are multiple modes being rendered
simultaneously, the print preview in IE doesn't (the afterprint
returns immediately and there are no screen updates during the
intermediate times)  So I think we should avoid anything that actually
considers different views being considered available simultaneously,
it's a red herring without implementations, so we can ignore it :-)

Jim.