[whatwg] Patent on VP3 / Apple

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) rudd-o at rudd-o.com
Thu Dec 13 14:46:37 PST 2007

Dave,

I just received a rather disturbing comment (if it is true) on my Web site.
And I quote:

-------------------------
about some unspecified legal risk from Theora.  However, Apple ships the
flash plugin, including the VP6 codec, which is based on the same VP3 code as
Theora.  Therefore, if there were some undisclosed patent, Apple is already
at risk.   They would take little additional risk shipping a theora
decoder.</p>

behavior.  Either:</p>

plugin</p>

Is there anything truthful / false in this comment?  I'm only airing it here
to give you a chance so it doesn't stick as a rumor -- this particular
comment has been making its rounds (see Technorati, for example).
--

	Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) <rudd-o at rudd-o.com>
	Rudd-O.com - http://rudd-o.com/

Now playing, courtesy of Amarok: Scooter - See me, feel me (radio edit)
Q:	Why is it that Mexico isn't sending anyone to the '84 summer games?