[whatwg] Proposal: Allow block content inside label element

Brad Fults bfults at gmail.com
Thu May 10 11:27:59 PDT 2007

On 5/8/07, Martin Atkins <mart at degeneration.co.uk> wrote:
> For this reason, I certainly wouldn't mind label allowing block-level
> children. Both Opera 9 and IE6 (the only browsers I have handy to test
> right now) already support DIV as a child of LABEL correctly, per
> Hixie's DOM viewer.[2]
> [...]
> [2]
> http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/?%3C%21DOCTYPE%20html%3E%0D%0A%3Clabel%3E%3Cdiv%3Edsfgdsfgsdfgsdf%3C/div%3E%3C/label%3E

Interesting, now I'm seeing the same (it works) in Firefox. I was
developing an app a few weeks ago where the browser (Firefox) was
refusing to put the textarea inside the label. I'll have to figure out
exactly what was triggering it.

That said, if people are amiable to this pattern I think some specific
spec text could help clarify it.

Thanks.

--
Brad Fults