[whatwg] Offline Web Apps

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Sun Sep 9 22:50:00 PDT 2007

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> That's an option, but then you can't use the fragment identifier for its
> scroll-to behaviour when you use it to pass parameters.

You can just pass the scroll position as one of the parameters.

> Also, when retrofitting an existing app, this requires changing the
> sources of links as well as the destination pages.

That seems like a minor issue, compared to the scale of the effort.

I'd be interested in studying an actual example of what this would entail.
Do people feel strongly about wanting this dichtomy between the online
version and the offline version? Fundamentally, I feel quite strongly that
we'd want them to use the exact same code all the time.