[whatwg] postMessage tests updated (again)

Jeff Walden jwalden+whatwg at MIT.EDU
Fri May 2 19:56:46 PDT 2008

http://web.mit.edu/jwalden/www/whatwg/postMessage-v3.zip

Same instructions as last time -- unzip, start an HTTP server on port 8888 serving postMessage/ as its root directory, set up proxy autoconfig with a PAC URL of <http://localhost:8888/proxy.js>, navigate to <http://localhost:8888/tests/dom/tests/mochitest/whatwg/index.html>, and click the Run Tests link.

Spec progress since the last iteration mean that I don't think this tests anything which isn't in the latest HTML5 spec.  The IDNness of origins was the big thing last time, and since then the spec's changed to say that origin always uses IDN and never punycode, so these tests now, I believe, only test spec behavior.  Again note that a bunch of the origin tests currently fail in Mozilla due to URL-parsing generosity, so unless you exactly match those generosities you won't "pass" the tests, because they expect to fail and will report errors if they don't.  It shouldn't be hard to deal with that manually, and changing the tests to expect success rather than failure is pretty trivial.

Questions, comments, concerns, bugs, yadda yadda, etc. welcome as responses to this email...

Jeff

--
Life would be so much easier if humans had a natural affinity for remembering 128-bit integers.