[whatwg] Web forms 2, input type suggestions (Michael A. Puls II)

Eduard Pascual herenvardo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 19:28:01 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 1:16 AM, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> On Oct 29, 2008, at 6:40 PM, Kristof Zelechovski wrote:
>>
>> Declare INPUT[type="mailing-list"] instead of INPUT[type="emails"],
>> please. Type="emails" is ugly and confusing (as it seems to expect
>> messages).
>
> "emails" is indeed ugly, but "mailing-list" would be even worse. A mailing
> list usually has a single address.
What about "multi-email", "email-list" or "email-addresses"? The last
one is the one I most like, and the most explicit, with the only
(minor) drawback that it's the longest. Anyway, that's just a
suggestion. BTW, the same argument could be made on type="email",
since someone could easily think it expects an entire message.