[whatwg] HTML 5 will be ready in 2022

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Sat Sep 20 03:37:33 PDT 2008

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008, Keryx Web wrote:

> BTW, Gecko had an implementation of the ping attribute they backed out
> due to spec changes. Is that part of the spec stable enough for them to
> start working on again?

I'm not aware of any outstanding technical feedback on the issue (though
not everybody agreed with my responses on the topic, so I'm sure there
will be further arguments about it).

There aren't any changes planned; it's as stable as any part of HTML5 can
get without any implementations locking it down. It could still change in
response to implementation feedback though.

HTH,