[whatwg] [html5] Rendering of interactive content

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis bhawkeslewis at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 8 09:50:27 PST 2009

On 8/2/09 14:38, Giovanni Campagna wrote:
> Having somewhere written that hyperlinks should be blue, allows you to
> style the background-color to anything but blue.
> If the UA suddenly displays hyperlinks in green and I decided that my
> background is green, the user will complain with me, not with the UA
> (and will probably switch to a different website)

I'm confused by this example. Didn't you already agree that HTML5 should
*not* specify colors for links?

"HTML5 should not mandate the UA present <a>s in blue, but it should
mandate the UA present <a>s like links (appearance:hyperlink). The color
of course is a matter of visual themes and platform."

http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2009-February/018408.html

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis