[whatwg] HTML5 at Last Call (at the WHATWG)

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue Oct 27 15:12:12 PDT 2009

For a brief period today, there were no outstanding e-mails or bugs on the
specs, and so I took that opportunity to transition us here at the WHATWG
to the next stage of HTML5's development: Last Call! This affects three
specs at the WHATWG:

 * HTML5
   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/

 * Web Workers
   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-workers/current-work/

 * Microdata vocabularies
   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/vocabs/current-work/

There's also a version of the spec called Web Applications 1.0 (for
nostalgic reasons) that has all of the above as well as a number of other
specs, namely Web Storage, Web Database, Server-sent Events, and the Web
Sockets API and protocol, all together in one document. With the exception
of the Web Database spec, they're all now in last call at the WHATWG:

   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/complete.html (5MB)

So if you've been waiting to see if someone else would report the problem
that you had seen, well, if it's not fixed, they didn't! So you should now
send that feedback in yourself.

If you sent an e-mail or filed a bug that I haven't replied to, then
please send it again. A few weeks ago I noticed that I was losing about 1%
of e-mail to a rogue and overeager spam filter, and I don't know how long
that had been going on, so if I didn't reply that's probably why.

(Note that this only applies to the WHATWG -- the W3C HTML WG is not yet
at Last Call.)