[whatwg] postMessage's target origin argument can be a full URL in some implementations

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue Aug 10 18:11:03 PDT 2010

Based on the feedback sent to this list a few weeks ago, I've changed
postMessage() back to what it was originally. Unfortunately this means the
feedback that was sent after the initial implementation experience will
not be taken into account. I made this change because implementations are
now unable to change due to existing sites using these features.

Specifically, this means the magic "/" string is no longer supported, and
paths are ignored rather than throwing an exception.