[whatwg] Microdata feedback

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue Jan 19 01:50:53 PST 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010, Aryeh Gregor wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 7:58 AM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> > I've made it redirect to the spec.
>
> Could you say that the URL *should* provide human-readable information
> about the vocabulary?  We all know the problems with having
> centrally-stored machine-readable data about your specs, but encouraging
> the URL to provide human-readable info seems helpful.  (If they aren't
> supposed to be dereferenced, why use HTTP?)

Why indeed. Is there something else we could use instead?

> > Graphs are intended to be supported in v2, using a mechanism
>
> You seem to have left this sentence unfinished.

...using a mechanism intended for that purpose. Nothing to see here. :-)

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010, Julian Reschke wrote:

> SHOULD return human-readable information is good, if you also add SHOULD
> NOT automatically dereference.

I've added something akin to that SHOULD NOT, but the spec doesn't have a
"specification" conformance class, so there's nothing to apply the SHOULD
to. So I haven't added it. (I don't generally think specifications being
conformance classes really makes much sense.)