[whatwg] Authoring feedback on <datalist>

Aryeh Gregor Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 11:50:20 PST 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 3:41 AM, Kit Grose <kit at iqmultimedia.com.au> wrote:
> I agree with Aryeh in principle; when you're updating the suggestions on every keypress, extra processing and DOM manipulation at the Javascript level would be good to avoid.

I don't think this is a big issue.  Users aren't going to be hitting a
key more than once every few tens of milliseconds, and for search
suggest, you're almost certainly going to wait for the user to pause
before sending the query to the mothership (else it would be obsolete
before it even reached the destination).  But the current API could be
a lot simpler to use from JS -- it's currently a pain in the neck.