[whatwg] bubbling events on labels

Diego Perini diego.perini at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 14:58:29 PDT 2010

I have different behavior in browsers with the "checked" state of a checkbox
input element.

I have filed a ticket in Webkit and I am looking after some
advice/suggestion about the correct behavior expected from this HTML:

   <label>
     <input type="checkbox">
   </label>

It seems Safari/Chrome are discarding the click bubbling at the link level,
thus never reaching the label and not toggling the checkbox.

The behavior in Firefox/Opera and in Safari/Chrome is different and the
checkbox is correctly "checked" (as I would have expected).

Should a click on the link make the input checked ?

Thank you in advance, sincerely

Diego Perini