[whatwg] SearchBox API

Peter Kasting pkasting at google.com
Wed Oct 13 21:12:09 PDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Aryeh Gregor
<Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com<Simetrical%2Bw3c at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Peter Kasting <pkasting at google.com>
> wrote:
> > I can't for the life of me figure out what you're saying.
>
> I assume he's saying that this should be integrated into OpenSearch,
> rather than being specific to the default search provider as the
> proposed API seems to be.

The API is completely orthogonal to OpenSearch AFAICT.  OSDDs tell a UA
about a search engine and how to search with it.  The proposed DOM additions
provide a search engine with information about what the user is doing in the
browser.

PK