[whatwg] Html 5 video element's poster attribute

Shiv Kumar skumar at exposureroom.com
Tue Sep 21 10:53:29 PDT 2010

Zachary,

>Why is simply removing the poster attribute unacceptable?

Gosh, that's pretty radical isn't it? I've thought about it and if the poster is not usable then yes, I'd rather not have it at all and resort to the implementations (by websites) currently in place.

On second thought are you asking about assigning a null/empty string to the poster attribute? If so, then that only hides the poster. But I'm asking for a way to make the poster visible when desired.

Shiv
http://exposureroom.com