[whatwg] Cryptographically strong random numbers

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Mon Feb 14 14:25:48 PST 2011

While we're waiting for Adam to subscribe to es-discuss and repost his
messages on this thread, this one seems worth pre-posting.

Changes needed for this to become an EcmaScript strawman:

Replace references to ArrayBufferView with appropriate abstractions from <
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:binary_data>.
Replace WebIDL as a specification language with a JavaScript based API spec.
Get rid of the dependence on "window". Probably avoid introducing a new
global "crypto" as well, though we can argue about that.

Are there any other lurking browser dependencies in Adam's spec that we need
to scrub away?

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM