[whatwg] setTimeout clamps

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Sat Jan 15 18:29:04 PST 2011

I've been looking at the setTimeout clamping in Gecko recently, and one
thing I've been interesting in trying is to clamp differently in
different windows (for example, have a lower clamp in active windows and
a higher one in inactive ones).  That's not something the spec seems to
allow right now, but I think it would be beneficial to users in terms of
preventing inactive windows from accidentally hogging the CPU.

Note that right now in Gecko "active window" means "currently selected
tab in some browser window" and "inactive window" means "background
tab", but that's subject to change.

-Boris