[whatwg] File API Streaming Blobs

David Flanagan david at davidflanagan.com
Fri Jan 21 10:55:04 PST 2011

Doesn't the current XHR2 spec address this use case?
Browsers don't seem to implement it yet, but shouldn't something like
this work for the original poster?

	x = new XMLHttpRequest()
	x.open("GET", "http://my-media-file");
	x.responseType = "blob";
	x.send();
	var nbytes = 0;
	x.onprogress = function(e) {
	   var blob = x.response.slice(nbytes, e.loaded-nbytes);
            nbytes += blob.size;
	   var reader = new FileReader();
            reader.readAsArrayBuffer(blob, function() {
                // process blob content here
             });

         }

     David Flanagan