[whatwg] Proposal to extend registerProtocolHandler

timeless timeless at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 00:11:05 PDT 2011

On 7/1/11, Ojan Vafai <ojan at chromium.org> wrote:
> Do any browser vendors agree with this or have objections?

I don't look forward to being blackmailed by sites into me allowing
them to register for X or else I don't get their content.

I have a bank which won't let me bank unless I have Java installed,
not because banking requires Java (and not because this bank requires
Java to do online banking, just because).

Testing for features should only be done by using them.

It's ok to try to do X and then after time T tell the user: "This
might work better if you ... <registered>".

It isn't ok to say "You can't do X unless you make Y your default Z."