[whatwg] PeerConnection, MediaStream, getUserMedia(), and other feedback

timeless timeless at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 06:23:00 PDT 2011

I'd expect a web app to have no idea about device camera
specifications and thus to not be able to properly specify a flash
duration. I don't see how such a thing is valuable.

If a user is in a movie theater, or a museum, it's quite likely they
won't notice a web app is forcing a flash. Let the user control flash
through a useragent only or host application only mode. I believe the
hazards of exposing flash duration outweigh any benefits. The only
application class I know of built using control of camera flash is
"flash-light", and that's both a hack and not guaranteed to be
workable for all possible flash technologies.

--
Sent from my mobile device