[whatwg] An alternative to <picture> and srcset, is this realistic?

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Mon May 14 03:01:06 PDT 2012

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Matthew Wilcox <mail at matthewwilcox.com> wrote:
> have any of you seen this proposal for an alternative solution to the problem?
>
> http://www.w3.org/community/respimg/2012/05/13/an-alternative-proposition-to-and-srcset-with-wider-scope/
>
> I like the general idea and from an author perspective this seems
> great; but I know nothing of the browser/vendor side of the equation -
> is this do-able?

Adding a level of indirection is actually not that great as it makes
it harder to understand what is going on. Also if you work on sites in
teams it's not always a given access to <head> is equal to the
templates that are being authored. Let alone full control over how
resources are stored.

--
Anne — Opera Software
http://annevankesteren.nl/