[whatwg] Form-associated elements and the parser

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue Dec 3 10:39:24 PST 2013

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:

> A start tag whose tag name is "isindex"
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/tree-construction.html#isindex
>
> Right now, form element pointer is not null in the following example, so we end up losing isindex element entirely.
> <!DOCTYPE html>

<form>, because the form element pointer is set.

So, there's several ways we could fix this. We could simply say <template>
isn't valid inside <form> and ignore the whole problem.

Or, we could have a form element pointer stack that parallels the
template stack.

I guess the latter is best for authors. How do implementors feel about
adding a new stack for the template stuff?