[whatwg] Fetch: please review!

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Wed May 22 02:50:37 PDT 2013

I'm reaching the point where I want to start integrating
http://fetch.spec.whatwg.org/ into http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/ so I
can remove a lot of the duplicate requirements with respect to
networking and at the same time clarify a lot of the networking
behavior.

And although http://fetch.spec.whatwg.org/ is pretty dry reading it
would be good if people could take a look at it as the idea is for it
to define the fetching behavior across the platform. This task is
currently divided between HTML, CORS, Web Origin Concept, and CSP
(integration hooks not yet in Fetch) and creates a real messy
situation for specifications building on top of them. The idea is to
remove that complexity and have a simple hook for fetching a request
and get a response in return.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/