[whatwg] High-density canvases

Tab Atkins Jr. jackalmage at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 02:04:56 PDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 1:20 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org> wrote:
>> for
>>
>> I believe pinch zoom should not change devicePixelRatio. It would be nice
>> if there was a standard way to determine pinch zoom though and if the
>> canvas could automatically resize.
>>

> Pinch-zoom is hard because we don't want to trigger reflows or other
> expensive behavior on pinch-zoom. I'd leave pinch-zoom out of it for now.

Yes.  Somewhere (HTML? CSSOM? CSSOM-View?) needs to define
"layout-affecting zoom" and "visual zoom", define what goes where, and
then we can just hook things to "layout-affecting zoom" and be done
with it.

(I think dbaron had some name suggestions, or at least some name
*objections*, related to this stuff.)

~TJ