[whatwg] URL resolution of fragment urls in html5 webapps

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 12 08:51:56 PDT 2013

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 7:22 PM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
>> Well presumably we wouldn't want to only do it for <a>, since then links
>> would work but SVG wouldn't (the exact opposite of the situation in Chrome
>> now, for what it's worth).
>
> Yeah, we should have to do it for everything we classify as
> "hyperlink". <a>, <svg:a>, <area>, and <link> I suppose.

Why only "hyperlinks", if you're doing this?

Last I checked, WebKit doesn't do it for hyperlinks, but does do it
ad-hoc for CSS url() stuff and a few other things, depending on how it's
used.

-Boris