[whatwg] header for JSON-LD ???

Michael A. Peters mpeters at domblogger.net
Mon Jul 24 18:00:12 PDT 2017

On 07/24/2017 04:43 PM, Qebui Nehebkau wrote:
> On 24 July 2017 at 19:21, Michael A. Peters <mpeters at domblogger.net> wrote:
>
>> But if you define your structured data as attributes then information
>> about the other 11 is not available to machines that fetch the page and
>> want to know what the page offers.
>>

> It sounds like the machines probably want to fetch some kind of index page,
> not the page for a particular item. I think that if you find yourself
> wanting to send two different sets of content to different users, you
> probably need to be directing them to different resources.

No, the structured data should be generated the same time as the content.

It's just if it resides in a single script node in the head that can end
up being quite large, there's no need to include that node when the
client has no use for it.

Right now, I only send it if the client is an honest bot. But there may
be some browser add-ons that make use of it, so they should be able to
announce they want it and get it.